Church of the Pure Purple
The Thinking Person's Religion
AKA, "The Religion Purple"
Or, "Purpleism" as on UrbanDictionary.com
@PurpleReligion on Twitter
The Church of the Pure Purple has hereby
designated as its official News shows
The Daily Show and alternately,
The Colbert Report
Official Band: Tenacious D
yet oddly enough the
Official Song is: "
Start Wearing Purple" by Gogol Bordello
Official drink: "Purple Sizzurp"
Made from Cherry Moonshine, black Raspberry Liqueur, Blue Curacao,
Grape soda, Lemon Lime Soda,
and other substances typically available in Oregon.
Shoutout to The Church of the Sub-Genius
On the significance of the color Purple, think Historically back beyond the 19th and 20th Centuries:
Category: Religion and Philosophy
- It has long been the color of Royal Houses and has been a venerable and ancient color of the Leaders of the Masses in both Sacred and Secular realms, and thus was it chosen (The first recorded use of the word 'purple' in English was in the year A.D. 975).
- Purple in this context has nothing to do with other more recent and knoble social movements in the 20th Century (such as in the Gay Community), although all are welcome who can "See" the color in its proper Context and Glory.
- The Color Purple is significant only within its Especial Spectral Range and Quantum Relativity (approximately 380–420 nm) and shouldn't be confused with the color "Violet", a very special color as to its relation to the adjective, "violent" (in that it is missing only one letter, "n").
- The word 'purple' comes from the Old English word purpul which derives from the Latin purpura, in turn from the Greek porphura, name of the Tyrian purple dye manufactured in classical antiquity from a mucus secreted by the spiny dye-murex snail.
- On a chromaticity diagram, the straight line connecting the extreme spectral colors (red and violet) is known as the line of purples (or 'purple boundary'); it represents one limit of human color perception.
I keep forgetting to mention this, and its so important, I'm sure....
Tenets of the Church of the Pure Purple
- First rule of Pulpleism is, no killing over religious issues.
- Second rule of Purpleism is, you do talk about Purpleism.
- Those who cannot understand will see the following as, a single Truth. Know that the Universe, has no single Truth.
- Be careful, for all ye who can actually hear the Truth, become instant converts! Peace.
- Of all the colors in the universe Purple is the most divine.
- The Color Purple is not just the color of Royalty.
- Ask yourself: Is it Why, or How?
- What makes the color Purple so Heavenly, Divine, Celestial?
- "The Religion Purple", or "Purpleism" is constituted of those Believers who accept the reality of "The Color"
- Communication of the Universal Ethers is also known as The Color Purple.
- The Religion Purple Priests are never taller than 2 universal cubits and 2 palms (or for US Standard, 3'6") because that puts their eyes at precisely the right point to be able to see clearly, The Color Purple, as it is most visible at that height off any horizontally planed surface.
- They must wear robes of heavy dark materials that are breathable (natural fibers being preferred) and have hoods to block light, enabling them to see more clearly, The Color Purple, as ever it portends itself.
- Purpleism is most notable near Universities.
- Purpleism is greatly discussed with in the inner cities, the most uselessly notable adherents are from the upper echelon circles of the rather well off; that subset of the young and hopelessly bored social strata who simply will never, "get it"; and therefore, we will never give it to them.
- As there can be no nothing, something must exist. Therefore, the concept of God is a non-sequiter.
- There is no Inner Circle in Purpleism as that smacks of Elitism (See Catholic Church, Mormonism, Scientology, or well, just about any religion).
- There is however, a Coherent Beam of individuals in Purpleism, made up of the most enlightened and bright lights. These are only assimilated into the Beam, through their lights brightly shining which can be seen by any of the Priests and are allowed in only by invitation.
- There is however, "The Egg" (see "Stranger in a Strange Land (do YOU Grok?)).
- Purpleism comes in all shapes, sizes... and ages. We even have room for babies, see Purple Crying in babies. See ClickForBabies.org
The Most High Judicator, Nik's Page
Page for The One and Second, MHJ Nik,
from The Purpleism Philosophy Manifesto- Reality
Reality: What IS Reality?
from The Purpleism Relationship Manifesto - Romance
Romance: Why do people find they are "Wrong" for one another after having initially accepted one another.
from The Purpleism Art Manifesto - Film
Cinema: Altering movies from their original state should only be done under certain circumstanes if at all.
from The Purpleism Art Manifesto - Tele content (Sound / Visual)
Television/Radio - Altering movies from their original state should only be done under certain circumstances if at all.
from The Purpleism Consumerism Manifesto - Consumerism
Productionation: Is the customer always right? The aesthetics of selling product and service.
Updated: April 30, 2012